- Does the NSW land tax fixed trust deed have formal approval from the NSW Office of State Revenue?
- Why does the NI platform not have hybrid trusts, or unit trusts that have ‘special’ units?
- Does your unit trust deed satisfy the requirements to be a ‘fixed trust’ for tax purposes or a ‘fixed trust’ for NSW land tax purposes?
- Can units be allotted to other unitholders after the date of establishment of a unit trust?
- Is a unitholder required to indemnify the trustee under your unit trust deed?
- Where a trust deed is amended to make the trust a NSW fixed trust for land tax purposes, is it possible to obtain a refund for the additional land tax paid in prior years?
- See all 15 articles
- Why when changing a trustee do all trustees retire, even if some are continuing?
- Can you incorporate a change of trustee and deed of variation to trust terms, into a single document?
- If an entity has been dormant for a period any longer than a few months should it be used for a new venture?
- What are some of the key issues to consider in relation to trust owned buy sell insurance arrangements?
- Can multiple LRBA trust arrangements be set up under a single trust deed?
- Does View Legal assist with assignment agreements for intellectual property?
- See all 9 articles
- What are the options where the SMSF deed states that a member may give the trustee a death benefit nomination notice?
- How can I evidence that Bitcoin (or other crypto-currencies) are held by an SMSF?
- What is the process to be followed if the director of a corporate trustee of an SMSF loses capacity?
- What is the process to be followed if an SMSF deed to be updated does not have a variation power?
- What happens if a SMSF trust deed has been lost?
- Does the NI SMSF deed allow a TRIS to auto-convert to an ABP upon the retirement of a member?
- See all 40 articles
- When does the Division 7A agreement in the schedule to your company constitution apply?
- Does the division 7A agreement allow for secured loans, repayable over 25 years?
- Can a Division 7A loan agreement have joint borrowers?
- If we have a NI Division 7A loan agreement (either stand alone or via a company constitution), how can we give notices of drawdowns?
- Does the Division 7A loan agreement provided by the Nowinfinity platform cover UPE?
- Why does the NI Division 7A Loan Agreement (including as set out in the NI company constitution) not refer to a specific loan amount that has been advanced at the start of the lending arrangements?
- See all 10 articles
- Why does your trust deed only include married spouses in the definition of ‘spouse’ (i.e. excluding de facto spouses)?
- Do trust deeds need to be updated for the foreign beneficiary rules?
- Does your family trust deed satisfy the rules to ensure it is not a ‘foreign trust’ trust for the purposes of land tax or foreign acquirer duty surcharges?
- What happens if the trust deed of a trust of any description (e.g. discretionary trust or unit trust) has been lost?
- What should we do if a new trust has been established with errors in the trust documents (for example, a beneficiary listed as the settlor)?
- Does the definition of ‘distributable income’ in NI discretionary trust deed distinguish between ‘trust income’ and ‘taxable income’?
- See all 35 articles
- Does it matter what state a company is registered in?
- Can I register a company if the proposed company name is identical to a cancelled business name?
- One of the clauses in NI’s constitution says the company will not recognise anyone owning shares on trust. Does this mean shares can’t be held by a shareholder as trustee?
- Can ‘Founder’ shares or other classes of share not mentioned in the NI constitution be issued?
- What should we do if we have incorporated a new company with NI but the share rights in the constitution do not match the intended rights?
- What are the standard share rights in the NI constitution?
- See all 25 articles
- Can you issue independent legal review certificates requested by banks or financiers
- What is intended in relation to any desired document not currently on the NI platform?
- Where is View Legal based?
- Do the View template documents on the NI platform adopt a prescriptive or permissive drafting approach?
- Can trust deeds be signed electronically?
- Can a firm that orders documents through NowInfinity’s platform ensure that they are not deemed to be providing legal advice?
- See all 16 articles