For more information, please refer to the instructions below:
Navigate to Menu > Portal Settings > Email settings
The NowInfinity platform allows you to customise the outgoing email address for all correspondence to your clients. To set this up you have 3 options:
1. firstname.lastname@example.org - default option
2. AWS (Amazon Web Services)
3. SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)
- 1) Default Nowinfinity address
email@example.com is used by default for all correspondences out to your clients.
- 2) AWS - Amazon Web Service
Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) is a cloud-based email sending service which allows you to add an existing email address that will appear when sending correspondence from the NowInfinity platform.
Note: Only one email address is available per account. We recommend using info@..
To set up AWS, select Simple Email Service from the drop down box:
- Input email address that will be shown as a 'Sender' for outgoing correspondence.
- Click on 'Verify'. A verification email will be automatically sent to the email address. Open this email to verify.
3. After the verification process is completed click on 'Verify' button again to activate this setting in the account on the Portal settings page.
The 'Verified' tick box will be shown next to 'Email' field.
4. Send mail from name: Enter your company name or other name you wish to appear as the sender.
5. Send a copy of all emails (optional).
6. Click on "Save".
SMTP is a set of commands that authenticates and directs the transfer of electronic mail.
Note: We recommend that your IT specialist assists with setting up SMTP.
To set up SMTP, select SMTP in the dropdown box.
- SMTP server: the actual SMTP server's specification. You can find it by either referring to the web page of your provider, or searching for it on our list of server POP and SMTP
- SMTP port: usually SMTP works with port 25, but as the screenshot shows it can work also with 587. For further information, check out our article about SMTP ports.
- SMTP login: this is your email address.
- SMTP password for email address. Please note: double authentication should be enabled
- SMTP name (to show in the Inbox).
- From address (your email address).
- Allow SSL connection. SMTP email transfer doesn't provide an encryption. If you want to make your connection more secure, it's a good choice to use a STARTTLS or SSL/TLS extension, as these employ a separate port for encrypted communication. In the NowInfinity system, the 'SSL Connection' check box is ticked by default and disabled.
- Send a copy of all emails to: (optional). A User can input an email address in the 'Send a copy of all emails to' field to send all client correspondence. All Annual Statements email reminders, ASIC Electronic signing email reminders, regular documents signing email reminders will be sent to the Client inputted in email field.
Outlook.com SMTP Server Settings
- comSMTP server address: smtp-mail.outlook.com
- comSMTP user name: Your full Outlook.com email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, not an alias)
- comSMTP password: Your Outlook.com password
- comSMTP port: 587 (you can use port 25 as an alternative)
- comSMTP TLS/SSL encryption required: yes
The above settings are only useful for sending mail from an Outlook.com address.
Gmail's Default SMTP Settings
- Gmail SMTP server address: gmail.com
- Gmail SMTP username: Your Gmail address(e.g. example@com)
- Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password
- Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587
- Gmail SMTP port (SSL): 465
- Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
The above settings are only useful for sending mail from an Gmail address.
To test if all settings are inputted and that emails work correctly, press the 'Send Test Email' button above the Settings fields.
Once all the fields are filled, the User should click on 'Send Test Email' button. Input email in the window that appears after clicking on the 'Send' button:
If the settings were added correctly the User will receive an email with the inputted email as a sender. This confirms that the settings are correct and can be saved for further use in the system.