For more information, please refer to the instructions below:
Open a Trust Profile.
In the top right-hand corner of the Trust profile screen you will see the ‘View’ button. When you click on the View button, it will show a drop-dowdifferent types of view profiles available.
As a quick summary, the different types of view profiles are as follows:
- Main view: this is the main profile of the Trust that shows the main information of the Trust, client contact details and recent documents.
- Units view: this is only available for Unit Trusts and directs you to the Unit Register for that trust.
- Timeline: this view is a visual timeline of changes made to the Trust via the Trust Register as well as any other documents that have been loaded up to the timeline. ie: the original Trust deed, prior variations, financial statements.
Select Timeline to see all the documentation prepared for a particular Trust.
You can also export the Timeline to PDF by clicking on the paper sheet icon and selecting 'Export Timeline to PDF'.
Additionally, you can add documents to the timeline.
To manually add documents on the timeline, hover the mouse over the vertical line on the timeline and click on the green ‘Add’ icon.
Once you have clicked on the green 'Add' icon, a ‘Create a new event' pop-up appears for you to enter the following information:
- Event - type of event
- Date - date of change
- Description - document description
- Attach documents - option for adding attachments.
When you click on ‘Event’ a drop-down box will appear. For a Unit Rrust, it will list the following list of events:
- Change of name.
- Change of trustee / appointor details.
- Operation with units.
- New trust document.
To complete information about a new event, you can also upload documents by clicking on the ‘Clip’ icon and select file(s) to upload. Only PDF files can be uploaded.
Tip: No more than 3 PDF files can be uploaded to an event at a time.
Once the event has been saved, it will appear on the timeline according to the date selected. It will also appear under ‘Recent Documents’ in the main trust register profile. It will show a "Signed" status.
It will also be displayed in on the ‘Trust Documentation’ page under the ‘Signed’ tab. The date the event was created will be shown under the ‘Last Modified’ column. It will also have a trace number.